Monday, January 11, 2010

After a long, long, long, long time....


I get an award from Reflections.
Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank my mother, my dear departed father for the inspiration and the values they imparted to me, namely that whatever you do, always wear clean underwear, my wonderful, supportive spouse who demands nothing from me but to be headache free and the apple of my eye, my brat, who makes me believe in the maxim that other people's children are always better behaved. And lastly, without you my dear readers, I would be nowhere, it is your comments and words of encouragement and goodwill that makes me wake up every morning, wondering how best I can bore the socks off folks today.
Seriously though, there was a time when I would get the awards that did the rounds of the blogosphere by the bushels. In fact, so blase had I become about these, that I often didnt take time out to acknowledge or respond to these. Yes, yes, unfortunately, I got my come uppance with no awards coming my way for a long long time. So this one came as quite a pleasant surprise. And a reminder that I need to respond to this, in the spirit that it was awarded. Thank you reflections, I am truly honoured. And humbled. And grateful. And promise to pass this on pronto, rather than sit on it, and watch it have hatchlings before I act on it.
Like all good blogosphere awards, I need to pass this on to five bloggers.
My list of five, plus some more, in random order, all blogs that leave me with a smile on my face, and a lightness in my heart:
The rules that accompany this award are.
* Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
* Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
* Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
* Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!* *Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Go on now, make your lists.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 PM

    Congratulations! It is well deserved indeed!

    Veena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!
    And thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oho, I have been in the same boat of a dry award spell. Thank you, Kiran, much honoured and will do the needful soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering why people were walking into my page from Karmickids the whole day;-D

    Congratulations!!!!! I enjoy reading what u pen:-)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww. Thanks Kiran. It's been a 'dry' spell here too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Lady K ! :)

    There's been a pretty bad drought here too - not just in terms of awards - in terms of blogging as a whole :))

    Hope this kicks me back into action :)

    ReplyDelete